Rolling Papers by Size
Cigarette rolling paper sizes do vary from brand to brand, if you take as an example a 1¼ paper the width can be from 1.7 - 2.4 inches, these type of variations can been seen across all major brands selling smoking papers.
The length tends to be the same across the paper brands but thicknesses will vary as well. The general rule being the wider the paper the more tobacco can be used and this can be said for the length as well.
The longer and wider a rolling paper the more tobacco can be used. The width of the rolling paper is important as this is the guide to how much tobacco can placed into each size of paper.
There are 5 different types of width of papers, Single Wide, 1¼ (125), 11/2 and Double Wide (2) and King-size. Although the papers are referred to as numbers they are not measured in millimetres/inches or centimetres, the number relates to how much tobacco can be used.
A 1¼ rolling paper will hold on average 25% more tobacco than a Single Wide paper, if you then take a 11/2 rolling paper this will contain 50% more tobacco than a Single Wide paper and on it goes. As a general rule the paper sizes are:
- Single Wide Rolling Papers Size: 1.5 - 1.7 Inches (38 to 43mm) (3.8 to 4.3cm) Also known as Small Rolling Papers
- 1¼ (125) Rolling Papers Size: 1.7 - 2 Inches (43 to 50mm) (4.3 to 5 cm) 1¼ (125) Rolling Paper Size are also referred to as French or Spanish Size
- 1 1/2 (1.5) Rolling Papers Size: 2.4 - 3 Inches (60 to 76mm) (6 to 7.6 cm)
- Double Wide Rolling Papers Size: 2.5 - 3.5 Inches (63 to 88mm) (6.3 to 9 cm)
- King Size Rolling Papers: Historically it's been 84mm in length, but can be 100mm in length
- King Size Slims are 110mm in length
By far the most popular size is the King Size and the slightly longer King Size Slims in Europe, although in the USA and Canada 1¼ rolling papers are more popular. All brands carry a number of variants of these 3 sizes and come in all materials from Pure Hemp to Rice Rolling Papers.
Choosing what rolling papers suits your needs best will come down to what size you feel comfortable with and then what material you best like. Cigarette Rolling Paper Brands will play a huge choice and brand loyalty will to some degree decide what papers you buy in the future.